Spring-Summer 2018 has seen pastels in fashion and on ramp. Pastel or ice cream colours bring in the idea of luxury, innocence and candies. But we constantly keep wondering what to wear pastels with. This summer trend has many ways to wear it but our concern is how to combine the pastels. the cooling effect of pastels cant be denied. Some of you ladies just love it for the gentleness of the pastel colours for they are such a spring staple. While others love it for they look positively incredible when pared with other interesting trends of the moment.
How to pair pastels :
- Monochrome for they look incredible if worn from top to bottom. One could wear a crop top with a skirt and still wear the heels to in the same tone as it immediately elongates and brings the focus to the visage and exposed skin.
- Colour blocking – sweet sophistication is when you wear a pastel and bright hue of same colour in two pieces. So same colour and different shades, you could go for bright pants and pastel top and you achieve a look that is bound to draw attention.
- Popping on neutrals – think of a white outfit with a pale pink coat. It gives the whole thing a touch of summer, a sweet affair to remember.
- Always a great idea to wear bright makeup with mascara when you go minty, or pinks, or bubblegum colours to retain the barbie doll look.
- Wear a polka dress with a pastel shade with some bandanas if you are in casual mood.
While its good to keep up with the trend, its always good to keep an eye on what suits your personality. Going ahead with just a pastel bag or shoes is also enough to make a statement.
While you buy the pastels keep in mind the skin tone so you know what looks great on you and wear this trend everywhere, in office, for a lunch with your girls, or for a date, they just make you look so feminine.
So ladies, have a fashionable summer!!!
With yours truly,
Be the first to recommend this.