This spring a forceful feminist urge expressed a clash of contrasts that bloomed into some really beautiful new clothes. Lakme Fashion Week 2017 saw fluidity & movement in full force. The new fashion statements were all about feminine power in fact, this spring season’s Fashion Week in Mumbai made sure that it’s all about unconditional liberty. Besides, the shine in all of the designs, the themes powered by liberating music, fashion inspired women to they are; fearless & spontaneous. The designers showcased their designs which proved to be vivid, diverse; exhibiting colourful exuberance & explosive passion with a mix of ancient traditions. So, we can be sure to say that fashion trends really impacted the audience with a joy that had never been seen before.
I would quote Versace which is befitting this fashion week’s trends:
|“THIS IS ALL ABOUT A WOMAN’S FREEDOM: FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT, FREEDOM OF ACTIVITY, FREEDOM TO FIGHT FOR HER IDEAS, FREEDOM TO BE WHOMEVER SHE WANTS TO BE.”|
10 Reasons Why Donatella Versace Will Never Grow Old:
|1. The collections showcased by most of the designers centred around fluidity, shimmers, sequins and crystals.|
2. The colours were all pastel and white, peach and cream, starting from whites to beige.
3. Then the entire event concluded with shades of greys, this season’s pick! Yellow is the colour of the season so girls, yellow is the new black!!
4. Bold is the new beautiful. So sport quirky & wacky fashion.
5. Prints and applique ruled the fashion scene.
6. Even longer capes, over gowns or saris made the headlines!
7. The idea was to fuse laces with biker jackets while still holding onto the crystal!
8. While we went off shoulders, Bardot tops & cold shoulders still held on this season. In fact, bell sleeves and petal like sleeves made a comeback.
9. Metallic pants, or pleated skirts which fall till calf length were also showcased with great oppulence that turned out be a big shot this season.!
10. Makeup trends with electric blue eyes, peach lipsticks and wine, coffee, chocolate lip shades made sure we got exposed to our dormant ‘dark side’.
Gaurang paid surprise tribute to womanhood with mesmerising poetry written by him that brought me to tears. In fact, there was an ode to being a woman, beautiful & feminine. (I will be sharing the full video in case you like it). The curated show by #Ajio, #notwhatiwear. Further, #Kshitijkankaria, #undefined, #unlabeled & #untagged made sure that women remain bold, themselves and don’t fit into set of rules imposed on them. The shows with their unique concepts and themes were thought provoking, appealing to the senses & addressed social problems faced by women due to the ungrateful attitude of the people.
My next blog will be about the looks I sported with the brands that came up with my various looks this seasons.
Written by- Anuja Pandey
Thank you Lakme Fashion Week for a great time!